Network 20/20 is looking for an Entrepreneurial Diplomacy Intern from January 2022 to June 2022.
Network 20/20 is an inclusive international community that bridges the gap between the private sector and foreign policy worlds. We leverage entrepreneurial, established, and emerging leaders to drive innovative research and solutions to critical foreign policy challenges.
We promote the open exchange of ideas on international affairs and essential people-to-people connections across international borders. We foster a community of diverse, smart, and engaged people, people who come from different countries, faiths, generations, and political views, all of whom are interested in better understanding the various trends and divergent interests that are shaping geo-economics, politics, and culture. We strive to promote the idea of global citizenship—that being an informed citizen of one’s country means understanding the global context and actively contributing one’s ideas and experiences to the conversation.
We are currently seeking an intern who is a highly energetic, tactful, and engaging self-starter who would support Network 20/20’s Entrepreneurial Diplomacy Program and projects focusing on the BOLD Fellowship in Bosnia and Herzegovina, Southeast Europe, and Tunisia. The intern will work closely with the Managing Director to support the implementation and planning of the BOLD Fellowship and other grant management activities. Additionally, the intern will be responsible for various stakeholder & partner outreach and assist with planning logistical aspects related to the BOLD Fellowship.
While the intern will primarily focus on the BOLD Fellowship, they will also have the opportunity to work on other Entrepreneurial Diplomacy Program (EDP) projects including projects on Southeast Europe and Tunisia over the course of the internship. This opportunity is excellent for individuals that want to work within the sphere of entrepreneurship development, public diplomacy, and grant management.
Learn more about the Entrepreneurial Diplomacy Program and its projects at https://network2020.org/entrepreneurial-diplomacy/
This internship will commence in early January and end at the end of June. It requires a commitment of three days a week (which can be arranged between you and Network 20/20 prior to your first day in the office). A stipend accompanies the internship
Specific responsibilities include:
- Assist in the development of programmatic elements of the BOLD Fellowship
- Conduct research on areas related to BiH’s entrepreneurship ecosystem
- Support the team in developing Fellow activities prior to and during their arrival to the U.S.
- Draft emails and direct communication with program participants & partners
- Assist with planning and confirming travel itineraries & arrangements
- Coordinate with Network 20/20’s team members on the development and production of marketing and promotional materials
- Support the EDP with research, outreach, and other related tasks
- Previous internship or related experience with entrepreneurship development programs is a plus
- Excellent attention to detail, good organizational abilities
- Experience working with communication platforms, CRMs, and/or project management platforms
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience conducting research related to entrepreneurship and economic development is a plus
- Ability to work independently/remotely as well as closely with a team
- Fluency in Bosnian is a plus
- Knowledge of design programs, video editing, and photoshop is a plus
To apply, please send a resume, cover letter, and a short writing sample (optional) to firstname.lastname@example.org and kindly note that your application will not be considered if you do not send all of the required documents. Please include your name in the subject line.