Network 20/20 is looking for a Communication and Social Media Intern for the season of Fall 2021.
Network 20/20 is an inclusive, international community that bridges the gap between the private sector and foreign policy worlds. We leverage entrepreneurial, established, and emerging leaders to drive innovative research and solutions critical to impacting foreign policy challenges.
We are currently seeking a communication and social media intern who is a highly energetic, tactful and engaging self-starter who can bring creative thinking to engage with and grow Network 20/20’s members and broader audience on Network 20/20’s website and social media platforms. The intern will work closely with Network 20/20’s diverse team to implement strategic communication objectives over the course of the internship. Additionally, the intern will undertake various communication projects related to our programs, networking, and outreach projects.
While the intern will primarily focus on communications and marketing, they will also have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience and training in many aspects of Network 20/20’s program and also learn about the operations of a nonprofit organization. The intern will have an opportunity to engage with leading marketing/communications experts to advance their professional development and support their work during the duration of the internship.
This internship will commence in mid-September and end in mid-December. It requires a commitment of three days a week (which can be arranged between you and Network 20/20 prior to your first day in the office). Full-time opportunities are not extended upon completion of the internship. A stipend accompanies the internship
Specific responsibilities include:
- Assist in the implementation of strategic objectives that includes improving Network 20/20’s social media platforms presence, search engine optimization, and online engagement
- Maintaining, updating, and running advertising campaigns on Network 20/20’s social media sites: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Youtube with a focus on sharing substantive foreign policy content and engaging and growing audiences
- Updating Network 20/20’s new website by finding and posting content from past and upcoming speakers
- Assisting in the development and production of marketing and promotional materials
- Assisting staff with promoting events through posts and strategic boosting
- Learn and participate actively in the content of Network 20/20 (e.g. be able to speak intelligently about our mission and programs)
- Various administrative tasks related to communications and Network 20/20, as needed
- Attend Network 20/20 online/in-person discussions.
- Passion for and understanding of international affairs
- Experience using different social networks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail, good organizational abilities, and strong computer skills
- Ability to work independently as well as closely with a team
- Familiar with design programs/software or video editing software such as: Canva, Photoshop, iMovie, and Adobe Premiere Pro
- Experience working with WordPress, HTML design, Google Analytics, Google Ads to manage website is a plus
- Previous internship or related experience in marketing or communications is a plus
- U.S. work permit is required
To apply, please send a resume, cover letter, and a short writing sample (optional) to email@example.com and kindly note that your application will not be considered if you do not send all of the required documents. Please include your name in the subject line.