Network 20/20 is looking for a Development Intern for the season of Fall 2021 and Spring 2022.
About Network 20/20
Network 20/20 is an inclusive, international community that bridges the gap between the private sector and foreign policy worlds. We leverage entrepreneurial, established, and emerging leaders to drive innovative research and solutions critical to impacting foreign policy challenges.
We are currently seeking a Development Intern who is a highly energetic, tactful, and engaging self-starter and can bring creative thinking to engage with and grow Network 20/20’s members and donors.
This internship will commence in mid-October and end at the end of May. It requires a commitment of three days a week (which can be arranged between you and Network 20/20 prior to your first day in the office). A stipend accompanies the internship
We run several programs, including our Virtual Briefing Series, Salon Series, Foreign Affairs Discussion Groups, Deep Dives, BOLD Fellowship, and Entrepreneurial Diplomacy. The Development Intern will become familiar with all programs and assist in generating the critical support needed to keep these programs going. In addition to becoming familiar with Network 20/20’s work, the Development Intern will participate in:
Individual and Corporate Membership Cultivation
Network 20/20 has a global membership and is launching a Corporate Membership program. Our intern will work with the President, select Board Members, and a professional fundraising team to nurture individual and corporate memberships. This task entails:
- Drafting and sending correspondence to current and prospective members,
- Researching corporate prospects,
- Monitoring membership email accounts and respond to inquiries,
- Helping compile data about programs and membership to demonstrate impact,
- Ensuring all contact information for members is up to date.
Innovators Awards in Global Affairs Benefit Planning
Network 20/20’s annual benefit is when we honor young organizations worldwide that are taking innovative approaches to tackling challenges that have an impact on foreign policy dynamics: global health, the environment, humanitarian aid, defense and security, and financial inclusion. As part of the benefit planning, the Network 20/20 intern will assist in:
- Maintaining and updating a punch list for the benefit,
- Researching potential awardees, sponsors and corporate partners,
- Assisting with drafting marketing materials for the benefit,
- Maintaining the master list of donations for auctions,
- Assisting with the implementation of the overall fundraising strategy,
- Assisting with adding auction items to website and making necessary website updates,
- Communicating effectively between stakeholders/donors/sponsors to prepare for the Innovators Awards,
- Participating in weekly team calls for benefit planning,
- Drafting post-benefit correspondence,
- Track donations and attendance.
Office Duties and Board Relations
- Work with President and Associate Director to draft donor thank you letters and end of year receipts,
- Help compile documents for quarterly board meetings and correspond with board members about upcoming board meetings,
- Assist the President in arranging meetings with past and potential donors.
This position can be done remotely and has the opportunity for growth.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience tracking KPIs to achieve financial and strategic goals
- Interest in interacting with people
- Passion for international relations
- Strong organization skills
- Experience working with CRMs
- Experience with business & partnership development is a plus
- Sales experience is a plus
To apply, please send a resume, cover letter, and a short writing sample (optional) to email@example.com and kindly note that your application will not be considered if you do not send all of the required documents. Please include your name in the subject line.