Network 20/20 is looking for a Communication and Social Media Intern for Summer 2022.
Network 20/20 is an inclusive, international community that bridges the gap between the private sector and foreign policy worlds. We leverage entrepreneurial, established, and emerging leaders to drive innovative research and solutions critical to impacting foreign policy challenges.
We are currently seeking a communication and social media intern who is a highly energetic, tactful, and engaging self-starter who wants to create impact and become involved in the process of shaping Network 20/20’s brand via our website and social media platforms. The intern will work closely with Network 20/20’s President and Associate Program Director to develop and implement strategic communication objectives over the course of the internship. Additionally, the intern will undertake various communication projects related to our programs, networking, and outreach projects.
While the intern will primarily focus on communications and marketing, they will also have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience and training in many aspects of Network 20/20’s programs and also learn about the operations of a nonprofit organization. The intern will have an opportunity to engage with leading marketing/communications experts to advance their professional development and support their work during the duration of the internship.
This remote internship will commence in mid-June and end in August, with the possibility to extend it until December. It requires a commitment of three days a week (which can be arranged between you and Network 20/20 prior to your first day). A stipend accompanies the internship.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Assist in developing and implementing strategic communication objectives that include improving Network 20/20’s social media platforms presence, search engine optimization, and online engagement
- Maintaining, updating, and running advertising campaigns on Network 20/20’s social media sites: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube with a focus on sharing substantive foreign policy content and engaging and growing audiences
- Updating Network 20/20’s new website by finding and posting content from past and upcoming speakers
- Assisting in the development and production of marketing and promotional materials
- Assisting staff with promoting events through posts and strategic boosting
- Various administrative tasks related to communications and Network 20/20, as needed
- Attend Network 20/20 online/in-person discussions.
- Professional or academic experience using different social networks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail, good organizational abilities, and strong computer skills
- Ability to work independently as well as closely with a team
- Familiar with design programs/software or video-editing software such as Canva, iMovie, or Adobe Premiere Pro
- Experience working with WordPress, HTML design, Google Analytics, Google Ads to manage website is a plus
- Previous internship or related experience in marketing or communications is a plus
- Passion for and understanding of international affairs is a plus
- U.S. work permit is required
To apply, please send a resume, cover letter, and a short writing sample (optional) to email@example.com and kindly note that your application will not be considered if you do not send all of the required documents. Please include your name in the subject line.