We are looking for companies or organizations that protect and advance fundamental human rights, including developing solutions for poverty, hunger, education, gender inequality, and health. Candidate organizations help advance SDGs 1 – no poverty; 2 – Zero hunger; 3 – Good Health and Well Being; 4 – Quality Education; 5 – Gender Equality; and 6 – Clean Water and Sanitation
We are delighted to award the Goodr because:
- They provide a secure ledger that tracks an organization’s surplus food from pickup to donation, delivering real-time social and environmental impact reporting analytics, and
- Their model aims to provide a triple-win solution by improving an organization’s bottom line through charitable tax donations, reducing its greenhouse emissions from landfills and getting its edible surplus food to local communities in need.
We are delighted to award the School the World because:
- Their Building Blocks, Community Schools, and Oportunidad Basico programs have organized communities around education from early childhood through adolescence,
- In the U.S., they provide U.S. citizens the opportunity to make a difference for some of the world’s poorest children, and
- They have created 106 schools, 56 playgrounds, engaged with 11,437 students, 6,756 parents, 34,772 books, 3,200 teachers, granted 371 scholarships, and have 884 world changers.