Network 20/20 is looking for a Program Intern for the season of Spring 2021.
Network 20/20 bridges the gap between the private sector and the international affairs worlds, engaging rising and established professionals meaningfully in foreign affairs. We promote the open exchange of ideas on international affairs and essential people-to-people connections across international borders. We foster a community of diverse, smart, and engaged people, people who come from different countries, faiths, generations, and political views, all of whom are interested in better understanding the various trends and divergent interests that are shaping geo-economics, politics, and culture. We strive to promote the idea of global citizenship—that being an informed citizen of one’s country means understanding the global context and actively contributing one’s ideas and experiences to the conversation.
We are currently seeking a program intern who is a highly energetic, tactful, and engaging self-starter. The intern will work closely with the Network 20/20’s team to undertake various projects related to our virtual briefing series, membership, networking, outreach, and other ongoing projects.
While the intern will focus on the program and the above-mentioned projects, the internship is designed so they will also have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience and training in many aspects of Network 20/20’s program and learn about the operations of a small nonprofit organization.
This internship will commence in January and end in mid-May. It requires a commitment of three days a week (which can be arranged between you and Network 20/20 prior to your first day in the office). There will be no full-time opportunity after the internship concludes. A stipend is provided.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Work with the Program Coordinator to assist in the preparations for the upcoming season. This includes research on potential topics and speakers for the upcoming events, drafting event notices, drafting letters of invitation, familiarizing yourself with the organization’s CRM, supporting staff with logistics prior to events
- Membership engagement and outreach
- Record and organize information relating to Network 20/20’s membership in Network 20/20’s CRM system
- Various administrative tasks related to communications and Network 20/20, as needed
- Attend Network 20/20 online discussion
- Passion for and understanding of international affairs
- Possess strong communication and interpersonal skills; experience working across cultures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as closely with a team
- Excellent attention to detail, good organizational abilities, and general office skills
- Previous internship or related experience in program management, research, event logistics is a plus
- Experience working with WordPress and design programs is a plus
- S. work permit is required
To apply, please send a resume, cover letter, and a short writing sample (optional) to firstname.lastname@example.org and kindly note that your application will not be considered if you do not send all of the required documents. Please include your name in the subject line.