Network 20/20 is looking for a Communication and Social Media Intern for the season of Spring 2021.
Network 20/20 bridges the gap between the private sector and the international affairs worlds, engaging rising and established professionals meaningfully in foreign affairs. We promote the open exchange of ideas on international affairs and essential people-to-people connections across international borders. We foster a community of diverse, smart, and engaged people, people who come from different countries, faiths, generations, and political views, all of whom are interested in better understanding the various trends and divergent interests that are shaping geo-economics, politics, and culture. We strive to promote the idea of global citizenship—that being an informed citizen of one’s country means understanding the global context and actively contributing one’s ideas and experiences to the conversation.
We are currently seeking a communication and social media intern who is a highly energetic, tactful, and engaging self-starter who can bring creative thinking to engage with and grow Network 20/20’s members and broader audience on Network 20/20’s website and social media platforms. The intern will work closely with Network 20/20 team to implement strategic communication objectives over the course of the internship. Additionally, the intern will undertake various communication projects related to our programs, networking, outreach, and other ongoing projects.
While the intern will primarily focus on communications and marketing, they will also have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience and training in many aspects of Network 20/20’s program and also learn about the operations of a small nonprofit organization.
This internship will commence in January and end in mid-May. It requires a commitment of three days a week (which can be arranged between you and Network 20/20 prior to your first day in the office). There will be no full-time opportunity after the internship concludes. A stipend is provided.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Assist in the implementation of strategic objectives that includes improving Network 20/20’s social media platforms presence, search engine optimization, and online engagement
- Maintaining, updating, and running advertising campaigns on Network 20/20’s social media sites: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Youtube with a focus on sharing substantive foreign policy content and engaging and growing audiences
- Updating Network 20/20’s new website by finding and posting content from past and upcoming speakers
- Assisting in the development and production of marketing and promotional materials
- Assisting staff with promoting events through posts and strategic boosting
- Learn and participate actively in the content of Network 20/20 (e.g. be able to speak intelligently about our mission and programs)
- Various administrative tasks related to communications and Network 20/20, as needed
- Attend Network 20/20 online discussions.
- Passion for and understanding of international affairs
- Experience using different social networks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail, good organizational abilities, and strong computer skills
- Ability to work independently as well as closely with a team
- Familiar with design programs/software or video editing software such as: Canva, Photoshop, iMovie, and Adobe Premiere Pro
- Experience working with WordPress, HTML design, Google Analytics, Google Ads to manage website is a plus
- Previous internship or related experience in marketing or communications is a plus
- S. work permit is required
To apply, please send a resume, cover letter, and a short writing sample (optional) to email@example.com and kindly note that your application will not be considered if you do not send all of the required documents. Please include your name in the subject line.