Security and Defense
We are looking for organizations that conduct research and consult on military analysis, systems, and strategies; intelligence matters; and space policy analysis in order to ensure mutual safety and security around the world. Such organizations may contribute to the progress of UN Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) 16 – Peace, Justice, and Strong Institutions.
We are delighted to award the Hala Systems because:
- They develop advanced solutions for civilian and asset protection, accountability, and the prevention of violence before, during, and after conflict,
- Through the development and implementation of innovative technology, they aim to reduce harm, increase security, and stabilize communities and,
- They have warned over 2,000,000 people, have made over 100,000 observations, send an average of 140 warnings per day, and have benefitted at least 250,000 civilians from reduced traumatic anxiety.
We are delighted to award the Global Center on Cooperative Strategy because:
- By the end of 2020, they provided over $5 million in direct financial support to local and regional organizations working at the grassroots level to prevent and counter violent extremism,
- They have trained thousands of police officers, prosecutors, defense attorneys, judges, and corrections officials to equip them with the knowledge and skills necessary to handle terrorism cases in a manner consistent with human rights and the rule of law,
- They have worked with over 200 institutions and businesses to build transparent and accountable financial systems that curb illicit and terrorism financing, and
- They have advised over 150 governments and multilateral organizations in the design and implementation of these policies, ensuring that the experiences of civil society experts and local practitioners are carefully considered