Network 20/20 is seeking a communication and social media intern who is a highly energetic, tactful, and engaging self-starter who can bring creative thinking to engage with and grow Network 20/20’s members and broader audience on Network 20/20’s website and social media platforms.
Apply before 1/24/2022 at email@example.com
Network 20/20 is an inclusive, international community that bridges the gap between the private sector and foreign policy worlds. We leverage entrepreneurial, established, and emerging leaders to drive innovative research and solutions critical to impacting foreign policy challenges.
We are currently seeking a communication and social media intern who is a highly energetic, tactful and engaging self-starter who can bring creative thinking to engage with and grow Network 20/20’s members and broader audience on Network 20/20’s website and social media platforms. The intern will work closely with Network 20/20’s diverse team to implement strategic communication objectives over the course of the internship. Additionally, the intern will undertake various communication projects related to our programs, networking, and outreach projects.
While the intern will primarily focus on communications and marketing, they will also have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience and training in many aspects of Network 20/20’s program and also learn about the operations of a nonprofit organization. The intern will have an opportunity to engage with leading marketing/communications experts to advance their professional development and support their work during the duration of the internship.
This internship is virtual and will commence in February and end in mid-May. It requires a commitment of three days a week (which can be arranged between you and Network 20/20 prior to your first day in the office). A stipend accompanies the internship.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Assist in the implementation of strategic communication objectives that includes improving Network 20/20’s social media platforms presence, search engine optimization, and online engagement
- Maintaining, updating, and running advertising campaigns on Network 20/20’s social media sites: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube with a focus on sharing substantive foreign policy content and engaging and growing audiences
- Assisting in the development and production of marketing and promotional materials
- Assisting staff with promoting events through posts and strategic boosting
- Attend Network 20/20’s online/in-person discussions.
- Professional or academic experience using different social networks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiar with design programs/software or video editing software such as: Canva, iMovie, and Adobe Premiere Pro
- Excellent attention to detail, good organizational abilities, and strong computer skills
- Experience working with WordPress, HTML design, Google Analytics, Google Ads to manage website is a plus
- Previous internship or related experience in marketing or communications is a plus
To apply, please send a resume, cover letter and a short writing sample (optional) to firstname.lastname@example.org and kindly note that your application will not be considered if you do not send all of the required documents. Please include your name in the subject line.